Tie-Dyed Red Velvet Cheesecake
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Food coloring
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions. Pour 1/2 of the cake mix into a
greased 9-inch springform pan, and bake according to the directions on the box for
a 9-inch layer cake. Discard extra batter.
- Allow cake to cool completely in the pan. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (162 degrees C).
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then add in sour cream.
- Divide mixture into 5 small bowls and add the following colors to each one: pink,
yellow, blue, green and purple.
- Pour batters onto cake base in the 9-inch springform
pan. Do not swirl too much, so the colors will be clearly visible.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until the center is just about set when you jiggle the pan.
- Allow to cool completely and refrigerate before serving.
- Run a knife around the cake to release it before removing sides of pan.
Source: Walt Disney's Pop Century Resort