Tin Roof Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 packs Graham crackers, crushed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 jumbo eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate or hot fudge sauce
Mix crust ingredients and pat into 10-inch springform pan on the bottom and up
Beat the cheese until light. Add sugar and beat again. Add eggs, one at a time,
beating after each addition. Add whipping cream, cornstarch and vanilla extract;
mix well. Stir in peanuts. Pour into prepared pan. Drop chocolate or hot fudge sauce
in, one spoonful at a time, and swirl with a knife.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or so with a pan of water at the bottom of the
oven to keep the humidity high. Cake is done when edges are firm but middle is still
somewhat soft. When possible, let the cake cool in the oven with the door ajar but
run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen from pan before it cools or it
will crack down the middle.
Cool several hours or overnight.
Top with more fudge sauce and peanuts to serve.