- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons coffee brandy or espresso or just strong coffee
- 1 (8 ounce) package French or Italian ladyfingers, crispy type
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Melted semisweet chocolate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a pan of water on the bottom
- Crush the package of ladyfingers to fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter or margarine,
and add to the crumbs. Moisten with 2 tablespoons of the coffee brandy or espresso.
Press into an 8- or 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar until very smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons coffee brandy or espresso, and mix.
- Add the eggs and the flour; mix
SLOWLY until just smooth. The consistency of the mascarpone can vary. If the cheesecake
batter is too thick, add a little cream. Do not over-mix at this point. Pour batter
- Place pan on middle rack of oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until just set.
- Open oven door, and turn off the heat. Leave cake to cool in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let it finish cooling.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight, before serving.
- Right before serving, grate some semisweet chocolate on the top.
Posted by Chefbuzzbuzz at Recipe Goldmine 8/8/2001 3:45 am.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.