Tortilla Apple Cheesecake
This recipe reminds me of Applebee's dessert and is quick to prepare.
- 2 (9-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped, peeled apple
- Oil for frying
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Caramel topping (optional)
- Let tortillas stand at room temperature while making filling.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Using a fork, mash cream cheese with vanilla extract, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in apple. Spoon filling down centers of tortillas, leaving 1 1/2 inches at
top and bottom. To enclose filling, fold top and bottom onto cream cheese; roll
- Heat oil over medium heat in skillet about 1/2 inch deep. Fry tortillas on both
sides until golden. Turn out onto paper towel and immediately into cinnamon sugar.
- Serve plain or with ice cream and topping.
Posted by Arielle at Recipe Goldmine 12:08:04pm 9/11/03.
Source: Home Cooking for Two Volume II cookbook