Tunnel of Fudge Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo or Hydrox cookie crumbs (about 22 cookies)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Sweetened whipped cream
- To make the Cookies 'n' Cream Crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees
F. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs and butter. Turn mixture into
the prepared pan with the back of a large spoon, pressing firmly and evenly over
the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes; let cool to room temperature.
- Raise the heat to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Beat in the flour, salt, and cream.
- Place 2 cups of the cheese mixture in a medium bowl. Stirring constantly,
gradually add the melted chocolate, blending until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate
chips; set aside.
- Stir the vanilla extract into the remaining cheese mixture.
- Pour all but 1 1/2 cups light cheese mixture into the prepared crust. Spoon the
chocolate-cheese filling in a 2-inch-wide ring onto the light cheese mixture, 1
1/2 inches from the edge of the pan. Do not get any in the center of the light mixture.
Using the back of a spoon, press the chocolate mixture down into the light mixture
until the top is level.
- Spoon the reserved light cheese mixture evenly over all
and smooth the top.
- Place the cheesecake in the center of the middle oven rack.
- Position a 13 x 9-inch baking pan filled halfway with hot water on a lower shelf.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 300 degrees F; bake an additional 50 minutes.
- Turn the oven off. Let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour with the oven
door open 1 to 3 inches.
- Remove cheesecake from the oven to a rack; let cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, run a thin knife around the inside edge of the pan; remove the side
of the pan. Use a thin knife to loosen the crust from the bottom of the pan. With
two large metal spatulas, carefully slide the cheesecake off the pan bottom and
onto a serving plate. Spread the whipped cream over the top.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/4/01 9:44:49 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes