Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Walnut Crust
- 1 1/2 cups walnut pieces
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 10-inch springform pan.
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts with 1/4 cup of the sugar until finely
- Add the butter; pulse until the mixture resembles moist sand. Press the
crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until browned around the edges.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream with 1/4 cup of the sugar and 1 teaspoon
of the vanilla extract.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- In a standing electric mixer fitted with a paddle or using a handheld electric
mixer, beat the cream cheese at low speed with the remaining 1 1/4 cups of sugar
and the vanilla seeds just until combined.
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, scraping down the bowl between additions.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of vanilla and the almond extracts.
- Slowly beat in the cream until smooth. Pour the cheesecake batter
into the pan and bake for 75-70 minutes, until lightly golden and slightly jiggly
in the center.
- Immediately pour the sour cream topping over the cheesecake and smooth the surface.
- Return the cheesecake to the oven and bake for 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a rack
and let cool to room temperature. Run a sharp, thin-bladed knife around the cake
and remove the ring.
- Refrigerate the cake for 3 hours, then cover loosely with plastic
wrap and refrigerate overnight before serving.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 12/10/2001 8:02 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes