Viennese Cheesecake (Topfen Schnitten)
- 2 generous cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup vanilla sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon rind
- 11 2/3 ounces cream cheese, rubbed through a strainer
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Crust: Work flour, butter, egg, rum, sour cream and sugar to a dough. Let stand for
- Roll into two rectangles 1/8-inch thick.
- Bake one rectangle on an ungreased
baking sheet at 300 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Cover with Cheese Filling.
- Cheese Filling: Cream butter.
- Add yolks, vanilla sugar, raisins, lemon rind, cheese and sour cream.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Top cheesecake with second rectangle; brush with 1 beaten egg.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until light brown on top (about 15 minutes).
- Cool; cut into rectangles about 3 x 1 1/2 inches. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Vanilla Sugar: Cut one vanilla bean and put it with 1 cup of sugar into a jar.
Seal tightly and let set about a week before removing the vanilla bean and using
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes