Wake Up and Smell the Coffee Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups crushed low-fat Graham wafers
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat 1% cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine Graham crumbs and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add egg white and mix well.
Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan that has been sprayed with non-stick
- Bake just until edges feel firm and dry, about 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Combine first amount sugar, flour and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Process cottage cheese in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese, egg, and first amount egg whites. Beat with an electric mixer on high
speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until well blended.
- Add vanilla extract and beat again.
- Mix coffee granules with skim milk until dissolved. Add to cheese
mixture along with sour cream. Beat until smooth.
- In separate bowl, beat second amount egg whites with a mixer at high speed until
soft peaks form.
- Dd second amount sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating at high
speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg white mixture into cheese mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until almost set.
- Turn oven off. Leave cake in oven for 1 hour. Cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Run knife along edges of cake before removing sides of pan.
Per serving: 203 calories, 5.4 g fat, 30.9 g carbohydrate, 9.8 g protein,
309 mg sodium, 28 mg cholesterol, calories from fat: 23%
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine May 23, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes