Warm Fudge-Filled Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 32 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add the
1/3 cup sugar, beating well.
- Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until blended.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and pistachios. Press onto bottom and
1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed until light and fluffy; gradually add
1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until yellow disappears.
- Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. (Do not overmix.)
- Pour half of batter into crust; sprinkle with chocolate morsels to within
3/4 inch of edge.
- Pour in remaining batter, starting at outer edge and working toward center.
- Place cheesecake on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until set.
- Cool on a wire rack 1 hour.
- Serve slightly warm with sweetened whipped cream.