White Russian Blackberry Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 to 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Minute tapioca
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 3 tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 cup blackberry jelly
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat until light brown, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
- Stir in the 2 tablespoons Kahlua.
- Add cookie crumbs; mix well.
Press onto bottom and halfway up side of greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Spread blackberries over crumbs.
- Sprinkle with 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar and tapioca.
- Combine cream cheese and the 1 cup sugar in mixer bowl; mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add sour cream, whipping cream, the
1/4 cup Kahlua and the 3 tablespoons vodka; mix well. Pour over blackberries.
- Place shallow pan half full of hot water on lower rack of oven.
- Bake cheesecake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is set.
- Chill for several hours to overnight.
- Remove side of pan. Bring blackberry jelly to a boil in saucepan, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the 1 tablespoon vodka. Drizzle by teaspoonsful over side of cheesecake.
- Pour remaining jelly mixture over top of cheesecake, spreading to edge.
- Chill until set.
- Garnish with mixture of whipped topping and the 3 tablespoons Kahlua.
Yield: 16 servings.