Wisconsin Blue Cheese Cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 12 ounces Wisconsin Blue cheese, finely crumbled, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons clover or orange blossom honey
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- Water crackers, (optional)
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch spring form pan with cooking spray.
Line bottom with parchment paper; spray again.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Measure out 1/4 cup Wisconsin
Blue cheese; reserve. Add remaining Wisconsin Blue cheese; beat until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape bowl.
- Add sour cream, honey, salt and pepper. Beat until combined. Pour into pan.
- Place a shallow pan of water in the oven on the shelf below the cheesecake.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle reserved Wisconsin Blue cheese over top and bake
for 10 to 15 minutes more, until lightly browned.
- Cool to room temperature in pan.
- Cut cheesecake into wedges. Drizzle plate with caramel; place wedge on plate.
* Steam from water will help to lessen cracks in cheesecake.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin