Almond Cupcakes with Chocolate Schmear Glaze
Individual almond cupcakes with chocolate Schmear Glaze.
For the Cupcakes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Love’n Bake® Almond Paste
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
For the Glaze
- 1 can Love’n Bake® Chocolate Schmear
- 1/2 cup light cream
- Toasted sliced almonds as needed for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 12-cup muffin pans and line
them with paper liners.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a flat paddle until smooth.
Add the sugar and cream until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Crumble the Love’n Bake®
Almond Paste into the creamed butter and beat another minute or two until evenly
- Stir in the extracts. Then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Combine the yogurt and milk. Add the liquids to the butter mixture alternating
with the dry ingredients in three additions scraping the bowl well after each
ingredient is added.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans using an ice cream scoop.
Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake until the cakes crest slightly, brown and spring back when pressed
lightly in the center, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes on a rack completely before glazing.
- While the cupcakes cool, prepare the glaze. Heat the Love’n Bake® Chocolate
Schmear and cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk the ingredients
together until they are smooth and lump free. Continue heating the glaze, stirring
frequently for a few minutes until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- To glaze and decorate the cupcakes, place a generous mound of glaze in the
center of a cupcake. Using a spatula or flat knife, push the glaze out to the
edges of the cupcake without touching the paper.
- Roll the edges of each glazed cupcake in toasted almonds.
Yield: 2 dozen
When kept lightly covered in a cool place, these cupcakes will keep for 2 or
Recipe and photo credit: Love’n Bake® - AmericanAlmond.com