- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sour milk or buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Cream shortening and sugar together. Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add these ingredients
to the shortening mixture alternately with milk and bananas.
- Stir in vanilla extract, raisins and nuts. Blend well.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups until half full (or use paper liners).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cupcake Recipes