Boozy Bourbon Chocolate Cupcakes
Taste for yourself what the buzz is all about! A bit of bourbon, a hit of coffee
liqueur and some vanilla vodka-spiked frosting make these sophisticated chocolate
cupcakes the ultimate “holiday helpers.”
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil's food cake
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces semisweet baking
chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons coffee
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored vodka
- 3 cups powdered
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Generously
spray 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Make cake batter as directed on box, using cake mix, water, oil, bourbon,
eggs and vanilla.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full).
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely,
about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in medium microwavable bowl, microwave whipping
cream uncovered on High 1 minute 30 seconds or until boiling.
- Stir in remaining filling ingredients until chocolate is melted and smooth.
If necessary, microwave on High an additional 15 to 30 seconds until mixture
can be stirred smooth.
- Cover; refrigerate about 60 minutes or until spreading consistency.
- For frosting, in large bowl, beat marshmallow creme, 1 cup butter and the
vodka with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Beat in powdered sugar until fluffy. If necessary, beat additional powdered
sugar until piping consistency.
- To assemble, cut tops off each cupcake horizontally.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon filling onto bottom of each cupcake; add cupcake
- Pipe frosting on cupcake tops.
- Just before serving, drizzle each cupcake with 1/2 teaspoon coffee liqueur.
Prep Time 40 min
Total Time 1 hr 45 min
For the full tipsy effect, place the cupcake top at a slight angle.
Nutrition Information 1 Cupcake Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 170)
% Daily Value Total Fat 19g 19% (Saturated Fat 10g 10%,Trans Fat 0g 0%) Cholesterol
55mg 55%; Sodium 230mg 230% Total Carbohydrate 38g 38% (Dietary Fiber 1g 1% Sugars
27g 27%), Protein 3g 3%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2
Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from