Chocolate Baby Cakes
A springtime sensation at any baby or bridal shower, these festive cupcakes bring
a sweet touch to special celebrations.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Prepared white frosting
- Pink and/or blue food coloring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Paper-line 20 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcake comes
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine frosting and a couple drops of desired food coloring in medium bowl;
- Frost cupcakes.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 18 min | Servings: 20
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com