Chocolate Cherry Cordial Cupcakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry More Fruit Fruit Filling, divided
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 egg and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in 1/3 cup fruit filling, liqueur and chocolate morsels; chill.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and remaining fruit filling
and eggs. Blend at low speed for 30 seconds until moistened. Beat at medium speed
for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-third full.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture. Spoon remaining batter over
cream cheese mixture, filling muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Makes about 20 cupcakes.