- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 heaping tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup warm water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking soda into a large mixing bowl and stir
with a fork until well blended.
- Make three holes in the dry ingredients.
- Put oil
in the first hole, vinegar in the second hole and vanilla extract in the third hole.
- Pour water over all ingredients and stir to blend.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper baking cups and fill 1/2 to 3/4 full with
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cupcake
comes out clean.
Yield: 12 small cupcakes