Fudge Filled Cupcakes
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 30 cupcake tins with paper or foil cupcake liners.
- In double boiler, set over medium heat, melt the 2/3 cup of chocolate chips,
butter and vanilla extract.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs until frothy, using a whisk or electric mixer.
- Gradually, beat in the sugar until it dissolves.
- Gradually, beat in the flour.
- Fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Fill the cupcake tins 1/3 full with the chocolate batter.
- With an electric mixer, mix together the cream cheese, sugar and egg until blended.
- Fold in the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, mix well.
- Drop a heaping teaspoonful of filling into each cupcake.
- Cover cream cheese filling with another generous spoonful of batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool before storing in a covered container.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.