Golden Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners or butter and
flour the tins, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy with mixer on high speed.
- Gradually beat in the sugar until very light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, the egg yolk and the vanilla extract . Reduce speed to
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, just until blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake until the tops of the cupcakes are springy when lightly pressed with fingertip
but not quite golden, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the muffin tin on a wire rack.
Yield: 12 cupcakes
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.