Honey Roasted Pineapple Cupcakes
- 1/2 fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Wildflower honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
Honey Pineapple Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Wildflower honey
- 2 tablespoons pineapple syrup
- 14 pineapple wedges
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cupcakes: Remove rind from pineapple, slice and cut into wedges.
- Put 2 tablespoons butter in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan and place in oven 2 to 3 minutes,
until melted. Remove from oven and add 1/4 cup honey; stir. Place pineapple wedges
in a single layer; return pan to oven. Roast for 10 minutes, turn wedges over and
roast an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven to a cooling rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees
- Remove 14 wedges from pan; set aside.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of pineapple syrup from pan; set aside.
- Place remaining pineapple and syrup in a food processor and pulse until coarsely
chopped. Place 3/4 cup of pineapple mixture in a liquid measuring cup. Add ginger
and buttermilk; set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter until fluffy; scraping sides of bowl,
as necessary. Add 1/4 cup honey; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down
sides of bowl after each addition. Add half of the reserved dry ingredients to the
butter mixture; mix on low until just combined. With mixer running on low, slowly
add the buttermilk mixture. Add remaining dry ingredients until just combined. Fill
paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until a wooden pick
inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove to wire rack; cool.
- Frost with Honey Pineapple Whipped Cream, if desired.
- Honey Pineapple Whipped Cream: In a mixing bowl, combine whipping cream, honey
and syrup. Beat until peaks form. Spread or pipe onto cupcakes. Garnish with pineapple
Yield: 12 to 14; about 1 cup whipped cream
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board - nhb.org
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cupcake Recipes