Irish Cream Cupcakes with Coffee Frosting
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box super moist yellow cake
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Irish cream (any brand)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 16 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons strong coffee
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift together cake and pudding mix.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients until smooth. Mixture will be somewhat thick.
- Line a cupcake pan with liners. Fill liners 2/3 full of cupcake mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle of cupcakes
comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with Coffee Frosting.
- Coffee Frosting: Beat the butter with a hand held mixer. Continue beating as
you gradually add the confectioners' sugar. Add the milk and coffee until frosting
is stiff but spreadable.