Irish Cream Cupcakes
These deep chocolate cupcakes surround coffee buttercream filling and are topped
with silky Irish Cream buttercream. They're sophisticated, worldly, and adults-only.
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Cake Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup King Arthur All-Purpose Cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup chopped dark chocolate, optional
- 3/4 cup brewed black coffee
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream liqueur
Coffee Buttercream Filling
Irish Cream Buttercream
- 2 cups prepared Italian Buttercream Icing
- 2 tablespoons Irish Cream liqueur
- 1/8 teaspoon Irish Cream flavoring
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12-cup cupcake tin or muffin pan
- To make the cupcakes: Place the flour, cocoa, sugar, butter, eggs, salt, baking
soda, baking powder, vanilla and chopped chocolate (if using) in the bowl of your
mixer. Blend on low speed for 1 minute, just to combine.
- Combine the coffee and Irish Cream liqueur and pour half this liquid into the
dry ingredients. Blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the bowl and add the remaining liquid. Beat on medium speed 1 more
- Scoop the batter into the prepared wells of the pan, filling them 2/3 full. Bake
for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately remove the cupcakes from the pan and set them a rack to cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the coffee filling and Irish Cream buttercream.
Dissolve the espresso powder in the water, then whisk into the 1 cup buttercream.
This may take a few minutes, so be patient. Repeat for the Irish Cream buttercream,
whisking the liqueur and flavoring into the 2 cups buttercream. Set both aside.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, core out the center with a cupcake corer, or an
apple corer, being careful not to cut through the bottom of the cupcake. Pipe the
coffee filling into the center of each cupcake, filling to the brim.
- Finish each cupcake with a piped swirl of Irish Cream buttercream. A few chocolate
sprinkles or mini chocolate chips make a nice topping.
Hands-on time: 30 to 35 min | Baking time: 15 to 18 min
Yield: 12 filled cupcakes
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
King Arthur Flour
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cupcake Recipes