Key Lime Macadamia Nut Cupcakes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon zest and 1/4 cup juice from Key limes*
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk**
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup mild honey, preferably clover
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mild honey, preferably clover
- 4 to 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cupcakes: Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a liquid measure, combine Key lime zest and juice, and coconut milk; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy; scraping sides of bowl, as necessary.
Add honey; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl after
- Add half of the reserved dry ingredients to the butter mixture; mix on low until
just combined. With mixer running on low, slowly add the lime mixture. Add remaining
dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in coconut and macadamia nuts. Fill paper-lined
muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in
center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove to wire rack; cool.
- Frost with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting, if desired.
- Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: In a mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese
and butter until light and fluffy. Add lime juice and honey; mix well. Add confectioners'
sugar, 1 cup at a time, until desired spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes and
top with coconut.
Yield: 16 cupcakes
* Regular limes may be substituted.
** Coconut milk may be found with Thai or Asian cooking ingredients.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cupcake Recipes