Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup Graham cracker crumbs (about 7 Graham crackers)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup commercial lemon curd
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan with foil liners.
- Crust: In a small bowl, mix together Graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and
brown sugar. Press crumb mixture into bottoms of prepared baking cups.
- Filling" In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse cream cheese until
- Add sugar, pulsing until smooth.
- Add sour cream and process until smooth.
- Add eggs and lemon zest, pulsing until smooth (you don't want to over-process
the mixture; you just want it to be smooth).
- Scoop filling over crust in baking cups.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until the centers of cupcakes are firm.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, place a dollop of lemon curd over top of each cupcake and swirl
lightly with back of spoon.
Yield: 12 cupcakes
Per serving: 269 calories; 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat; 60 percent calories
from fat); 23 g carbohydrates; 76 mg cholesterol; 147 mg sodium; 4 g protein; 0.2