Lemon Cream Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting, optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with cupcake paper.
- Combine the butter and 1 1/4 cups of the sugar in a large bowl and beat with
the mixer on medium/high until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice and beat until well combined,
scraping down the bowl once or twice as necessary.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, salt and 2 teaspoons of the lemon zest until
- In a small bowl, mash together the cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar,
remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and remaining 1 teaspoon lemon zest until combined.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the batter into each muffin cup. Place about 1 tablespoon
of the cream cheese mixture on top of each portion of batter and cover the cheese
with some of the remaining batter (the batter should reach 3/4's of the way
to the top of each cup).
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning over onto the
wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a sifter to sprinkle confectioners' sugar over before serving.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.