Lemon Cream Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting, optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with cupcake paper.
- Combine the butter and 1 1/4 cups of the sugar in a large bowl and beat with
the mixer on medium/high until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice and beat until well combined,
scraping down the bowl once or twice as necessary.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, salt and 2 teaspoons of the lemon zest until
- In a small bowl, mash together the cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar,
remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and remaining 1 teaspoon lemon zest until combined.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the batter into each muffin cup. Place about 1 tablespoon
of the cream cheese mixture on top of each portion of batter and cover the cheese
with some of the remaining batter (the batter should reach 3/4's of the way
to the top of each cup).
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning over onto the
wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a sifter to sprinkle confectioners' sugar over before serving.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cupcake Recipes