Peanut Butter Cups Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 24 miniature milk chocolate-covered peanut butter cups candies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except peanut butter cups candies at low
speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Press a peanut butter cup candy into batter until top edge is even with
- Bake for 18 to 28 minutes at 350 degrees F or until cupcakes spring back when touched
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Nutrients per 1 cupcake: 170 calories; 4g protein; 23g carbohydrate; 7g fat;
25mg cholesterol; 1g dietary fiber; 185mg sodium; 120mg potassium. USRDA: 4% each
of calcium & iron
Source: Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Linda (ltlgranny)