Pineapple Meringue Cupcakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple, chopped (no need to thaw)
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Few drops vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 4 muffin tins.
- In a bowl cream the butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract until light and
- Beat in 1/4 cup of the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat in the milk.
- Beat in the remaining flour.
- In a small bowl beat the egg white until stiff peaks form.
- Fold a small amount
of the egg white into the batter.
- Fold in the remaining egg white until completely
- Fold in the pineapple.
- Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes - the top should just be setting.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the meringue.
- Beat the egg white until foamy.
- Add the cream of tarter, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until you get still shiny
- When the cupcakes have baked for 15 minutes take them out of the oven.
knife or spatula, divide the meringue topping among the cupcakes. Use a knife to
pull up and make peaks.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. The meringue should be golden
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.