Pineapple Tea Cakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple with juice
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- Cream butter and sugars well.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until well blended.
- Add crushed pineapple with juice.
- Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with water. Begin and end with dry
- Add chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared muffin pans, filling
each 1/2 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool and frost.
- Frosting: Combine 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and melted butter. Mix well.
- Blend in crushed pineapple with juice.
- Add remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar.
If too thick add a little hot water.
Makes about 12 cakes.