Pineapple Upside-down Cupcakes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 7 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 6 maraschino cherries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in saucepan and add brown sugar. Cook over low flame until well blended,
then stir in crushed pineapple, reserving juice.
- Pour about one teaspoon of this topping into the bottom of each greased muffin
cups and add a sliver of red cherry.
- To prepare the batter: Cream the butter, add the sugar, and beat until fluffy.
Beat egg yolk and add.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sift together; add alternately with the pineapple
juice. Add vanilla extract.
- Beat the egg white until stiff and fold into the batter.
- Pour this batter over the topping and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for
- Cool, then turn cupcakes carefully onto a cake plate, pineapple side up.
Yield: 2 dozen mini or 1 dozen regular cupcakes
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.