Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 (1 ounce) bottles red liquid food coloring
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cupcakes: Beat cake mix and next five ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer for
- Spoon batter evenly into 24 paper or foil-lined muffin cups, filling
each two-thirds full; bake according to package directions.
- Remove from pans immediately
and let cool on wire racks.
- Spread cupcakes evenly with cream cheese frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at low speed until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract,
beating until mixture is blended.
Yield: two dozen cupcakes; 2 cups frosting
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.