Tender Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners or butter and
flour tins, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt,
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy with mixer on high speed.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating after each additional and continue beating until
the mixture is very light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium.
- Beat in the eggs,
one at a time, then beat in the melted chocolate and vanilla. Reduce speed to low.
- Alternately beat in the flour mixture and the milk, just until blended.
- Spoon the muffins into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake until the tops of the cupcakes are springy when pressed with fingertip,
15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the muffin tins on a wire rack.
Yield: 12 cupcakes
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.