Decadent Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1/2 cup light margarine (5g fat per tablespoon)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 10 tablespoons canned light whipped cream
- 1/2 ounce semi-sweet baking chocolate, shaved
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with butter-flavored
- Combine water and cornmeal in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes,
stirring occasionally, until boiling. Reduce heat and cover. Cook until thickened,
- Remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- Add margarine, chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir until melted. Cool completely.
- Beat 1/4 cup sugar and egg yolks on medium speed until yolks are thick and
pale yellow, 3-4 minutes.
- Blend in chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form, 3-4 minutes.
- Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar; continue beating until glossy stiff peaks
form, 2-3 minutes.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely.
- Puree raspberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in a blender. Press through a
sieve to remove seeds.
- Serve each slice of cake with 1 1/2 tablespoons raspberry puree, 1 tablespoon
whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
218 calories, 25g carbohydrate, 4g protein, 12g fat, 5g saturated fat, 87mg
cholesterol, 1.8g dietary fiber, 145mg sodium