European Chocolate Truffle Cake
A wonderfully rich flourless cake - and easy too!
- 8 ounces good quality semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line with foil an 8-inch springform
- Melt butter in a medium-size glass bowl in the microwave (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Add the chocolate and microwave for 30 more seconds.
- Let sit for about 3 or 4 minutes, then add the sugar and stir until blended.
- When cool, stir in the beaten eggs.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until
a crust forms on top.
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate overnight in pan.
- Remove cake from pan, and place cake on a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- Make ganache by placing the whipping cream in a large saucepan. Heat to
- Remove from burner and add chocolate chips. Let sit for about 4 to 5 minutes,
then stir to blend.
- Pour ganache over the cake and spread over the sides. It will be glossy.
- Carefully remove iced cake to a serving plate.
- Serve each slice with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.