Almond Butter Cream Icing
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond paste, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups butter, at room temperature
- Combine sugar, egg yolks, eggs, almond paste and salt in medium size saucepan.
Beat with electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in cream and vanilla extract until blended.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 6 minutes until
mixture just starts simmering.
- Strain into large bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until chilled.
- Beat in butter with electric mixer until fluffy.
Yield: 6 cups
Icing can be made up to 1 week in advance, covered in airtight container and
stored in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature until good spreading consistency.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frosting and Icing Recipes