As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (1 pound) box confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 to 1/4 cup Crisco
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 scant teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, or flavor desired
- Mix all ingredients together and beat at medium speed with mixer for 7 to 8 minutes,
or until smooth and lump-free. Stop, then beat again. If too thick, add drops of
water while beating until of desired consistency.
- Tint icing the color or colors
desired using a paste cake coloring such as Wilton. Regular food coloring tends
Icing or icing leftovers will keep indefinitely in the refrigerator. To use later,
beat again to make smooth. A little water may need to be added. Icing may be spread
directly on cake or piped through decorative tips.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frosting and Icing Recipes