Broiled Cake Topping
- 1 cup coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canned evaporated milk or whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients well.
- Spread on a hot cake,
just after it has been taken out of the oven. This cake should be in a 9 x 13-inch
- Put cake with topping, still in its pan, back into the oven under the broiler.
Broil until bubbly and just starting to brown. WATCH CAREFULLY as this happens VERY
- Remove cake and cool in the pan.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.