Broiled Cake Topping
- 1 cup coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canned evaporated milk or whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients well.
- Spread on a hot cake,
just after it has been taken out of the oven. This cake should be in a 9 x 13-inch
- Put cake with topping, still in its pan, back into the oven under the broiler.
Broil until bubbly and just starting to brown. WATCH CAREFULLY as this happens VERY
- Remove cake and cool in the pan.