Butterscotch Nut Frosting
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nut meats
- Put sugar and water in saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar dissolved.
Boil until syrup spins a thread (238 degrees F).
- Pour over egg white, beaten with
cream of tartar, beating constantly until icing stands in peaks.
- Add salt and vanilla extract.
- Fold in chopped nuts.