- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in heavy pot and place over low heat, stirring
until completely dissolved.
- When hot, add marshmallows. Cook until candy thermometer
reaches 238 degrees F.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until cloudy.
- Place pot in pan of hot water to keep at spreading consistency, if desired.
Icing is sufficient for 1 (12 x 9-inch) sheet cake, a 2-layer (9-inch) cake or
about 44 cupcakes.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.