Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1/4 cup dry any-style cocoa (for light flavor) or 1/2 cup (for medium flavor) or 3/4 cup (for dark flavor)
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In small bowl, stir together desired amount of cocoa and confectioners' sugar.
- In small mixer bowl, beat butter with 1/2 cup of cocoa mixture; blend well.
- Add remaining cocoa mixture with milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Blend in vanilla extract.