Flavored Seven Minute Frosting
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 small box Jell-O (any flavor desired)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- Combine unbeaten egg whites, sugar, flavored gelatin (your choice flavor), salt,
water and corn syrup in the top of a double boiler. Using a portable electric hand
mixer (or old-fashioned rotary egg beater), beat the mixture until it is very well
mixed for a minute or two.
- Place the pan over simmering water in the bottom of the double boiler and continue
to beat at high speed until the frosting will stand in stiff peaks (this will take
about 7 minutes). Occasionally use a spoon to stir the frosting from the bottom
and sides of the pan so that it is all included in the beating.
- Remove the pan from above the boiling water and continue to beat for another
minute or so or until the frosting is thick enough to spread.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frosting and Icing Recipes