Lemon Cornstarch Filling
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Put sugar, cornstarch and salt in double boiler.
- Mix slightly beaten egg yolks
with water and lemon juice. Add to sugar mixture. Cook over boiling water about
15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add butter and lemon rind.
- Cool, then spread between cake layers.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frosting and Icing Recipes