These realistic looking carrots make the perfect garnish for carrot cake or muffins.
- 1 (7 ounce) box Odense Marzipan
- Red food coloring paste* or gel
food coloring paste* or gel
- Vegetable oil
- 10 parsley sprigs
* Food coloring paste is generally preferred over liquid, as it won't change the
consistency of the Marzipan, as the liquid may.
- Make a well in the marzipan and add food coloring, about three parts yellow for
every one part red.
- Knead in the coloring.
- Make 30 balls (larger balls for larger carrots).
- Roll each ball between palms into a carrot shape.
- With a toothpick make horizontal lines around carrot. Dip toothpick in oil if
sticking to marzipan.
- With toothpick make a slight indentation in top for stem.
- Use parsley stems as carrot tops.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Yield: 30 mini carrots | Time 40 minutes
Tip: To prevent marzipan from sticking, dust hands lightly with confectioner's
sugar or wear plastic gloves.
Recipe and photo credit: