As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Couple drops orange food coloring (optional)
- Stir sugar, corn syrup, cream of tarter and water over heat until sugar is dissolved.
Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until crystals wash down from sides.
- Uncover and cook to 238 degrees F without stirring.
- Pour syrup in a slow, steady stream over 2 beaten egg whites, while beating. Beat for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Beat to spreading consistency.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frosting and Icing Recipes