Ornamental Frosting 2
This hard-drying icing, tinted with food coloring, is used to decorate cookies.
Use meringue powder in order to avoid raw egg whites in this uncooked frosting.
Meringue powder is available wherever cake- decorating equipment is sold.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1/3 cup warm water
- Assorted food colorings (optional)
- In a bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat confectioners' sugar, meringue
powder and water until blended and mixture is so stiff that a knife drawn through
it leaves a clean-cut path, about 5 minutes.
- If desired, tint frosting with assorted food colorings; keep covered with plastic
wrap to prevent drying out. Use a small metal spatula, artists' paint brushes
or decorating bag with small writing tips to decorate with frosting. (You may need
to thin frosting with a little warm water to obtain right spreading or piping consistency.)
Yield: about 3 cups
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frosting and Icing Recipes