As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candy
- Combine sugar, egg whites and corn syrup in the top of a double boiler.
- Add water and beat on low speed until just blended.
- Place over boiling water. Beat on high
for 7 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Remove from heat.
- Add crushed peppermint and beat 2 additional minutes, or until thick.
Yield: enough for one 8-inch 3-layer cake
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frosting and Icing Recipes