As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Swans Down cake flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Spread carefully, a small amount at a time over hot cake in pan.
- Place in moderate oven (375 degrees F) and bake for 5 minutes.
- Let cool, and cut cake in pan.
Yield: topping for a 9-inch square or 13 x 9-inch cake
Posted by JBic at Recipe Goldmine 10/11/2001 7:53 am.
Source: From Learn to Bake…You’ll Love it! a 1947 publication of General
Foods Consumer Services Dept.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frosting and Icing Recipes