Banana Fruit Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or black walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package chopped dates
- 1/4 pound red and green candied cherries, cut
- 3 pieces candied pineapple, finely cut
- 1 (16 ounce) container fruit cake mix
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix, add nuts, raisins and dates; mix.
- Sift flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
- Add part of flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Add bananas; mix.
- Add remaining flour.
- Add fruits and mix well.
- Pour into greased and paper-lined tube pan and loaf pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for about 4 hours. Place pan of water on rack under
cakes for first 3 hours to keep moist.