- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose four
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup mixed candied fruit
- In a mixing bowl, combine oil and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to
the egg mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted near the
center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.