Chip and Cherry Fruitcake
This is a "fruit cake" your family will love! It's an excellent fruit cake for people who don't like fruit cakes. I think most people object to the citron in fruitcakes, and it's not my favorite thing either. Use both red and green candied cherries if making this for the Christmas holiday.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup halved candied cherries
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a grease loaf pan with wax paper.
- Beat eggs well.
- Gradually add sugar and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add chocolate chips, nuts, dates, cherries and pineapple to flour.
- Fold into the egg-sugar mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.