Chip and Cherry Fruitcake
This is a "fruit cake" your family will love!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound chocolate chips
- 2 cups
pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup halved candied cherries
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- Beat eggs well.
- Gradually add sugar and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add chocolate chips, nuts, dates, cherries and pineapple to flour.
- Fold into the egg-sugar mixture.
- Pour into a wax paper-lined, oiled loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes.