- 1 cup butter
- 6 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup red candied cherries, cut up
- 1 cup green candied pineapple, wedged
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add flour and salt, stirring until blended.
- Stir in cherries and next 3 ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into 4 greased and floured 5 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 2-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on
- Seal cakes in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours before
Yield: 4 (12-ounce) loaves
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.